Mosaico Villa Romana
In 1899 construction work begun by the owners Francini Naldi uncovered a Roman mosaic that may have been part of a spa or a formal drawing room belonging to an ancient Roman villa.
The excavation revealed the floor of a rectangular room with an adjoining square exedra. The division between the two spaces is clear from two different mosaic decorations that are still quite visible.
In fact, the main room displays a multicolored floral motif inside tangential circles while the little exedra is decorated with geometric patterns and Solomon's knots.
Whatever the place was actually used for, it certainly belonged to a sumptuous Roman villa of the second century A.D. In its panoramic setting, the large villa seems to have belonged to the wealthy Domizi family.
This attribution is based on the fact that in this place there was discovered an official stamp on the brickwork suggesting that the house was probably transferred from Domitia Lucille to the imperial holdings of Marcus Aurelius.