Archaeological sites

< Indietro

La Torre di sotto - Antico Mulino

This mill, together with that of the Torre di sopra, is located relatively far from the watercourse in order to exploit the most important leap in level of the upper course of the Beast; the Bagnoli waterfall.

This allowed the realization in cascade of two efficient mills that used a single feeding line with the advantage of a limited consumption of water, for its dual use, before returning to pour again on the river.

The ancient origin of this second mill is unknown, having news of its existence only from the attestation within the "Catasto Leopoldino", which indicates as owner the Marchesa Caterina Pietrucci until 1835.

< Indietro