Palazzo TolomeiThe Palace Tolomei is at the beginning of Via Bartolenga, near the Basilica of Saint Agata. It was built by the noble sienese family which had a lot of lands and houses in the countryside of Asciano. In 1317, it was erected a hospital(adjacent to the castle) called “Saint Michele Arcangelo”. In obedience to Donna Bartolomea’s will of Messer Orlando Tolomei, who offered all his goods to build it. Nowadays, it rests only two traces of it: a well-kept fresco on the front and the small entry loggia, which was built sheltered by the Palace Tolomei. This palace was built, enlarged and super elevated in different times, leaned to the town walls. The original part dates back to the XIII century and on the inside there were an enclosed courtyard, stables and stores, large rooms and the servants’ lodgings. Today, from the characteristic of its windows, it shows the elegance of the style of a fifteenth- century palace.