Ex Pretura e Carceri
The building was constructed in 1854 as the local courthouse and jail. Its location, in addition to assuring a more efficient administration of justice, caused an expansion of the town's developed area. The complex was built on a new street named the via Mameli, which ran parallel to the Corso Matteotti and stood in a dominant position above the Piazza Garibaldi. The courthouse and jail were in operation until 1963, when Siena took over these functions.